About Break the Cycle
Break the Cycle engages, educates and empowers youth to build lives and communities free from domestic and dating violence. We believe everybody has the right to safe and healthy relationships. Whether it’s teaching young people about the warning signs of abuse, safety planning or how to navigate the legal system, we give teens and young adults the tools they need to live safer, healthier lives.
Break the Cycle’s Programs
- Build healthy relationship skills for a healthy future through Prevention Education.
- Ensure the safety of teens and young adults at-risk or in danger with Direct Help & Legal Services.
- Increase public knowledge and reduce tolerance of violence in our communities through Public Education Campaigns.
- Develop the next generation of leaders in the movement to end domestic violence with Youth Leadership & Activism.
- Improve nationwide services for youth by providing Training & Support to the adults who work most closely with teens and 20-somethings.
- Transform laws, policies and systems to improve the lives of teens and young adults through Policy & Advocacy.
Each year, Break the Cycle reaches more than one million youth nationwide.
You Can Help
Safety for teens and young adults depends on awareness and advocacy from each one of us. We must educate ourselves and our children to stop the cycle of violence before it starts.
The impact of our work is enormous and we are reaching more young people each and every day. But we need your help to continue to grow. Please join us in the movement to end domestic violence. Visit breakthecycle.org or the Take Action section of this website to get started.