About our National Youth Advisory Board
Our National Youth Advisory Board (NYAB) consists of 25 hardworking and dedicated individuals, ranging in age from 13 to 24. Middle school, high school and college students, as well as young people not in school, work together to represent youth of all ages, backgrounds and communities. The NYAB is possible thanks to the generous contribution of mark, A Division of Avon Products.
NYAB is busy showing teens and young adults that they DO have a voice and CAN take action. This board provides insights and feedback on every aspect of loveisrespect.org -- from its design to how it’s marketed. Working both online and off, NYAB members write blogs for the site, host awareness-raising events across the country, meets monthly and generally take steps forward toward youth empowerment, awareness and success!
February is teenDVmonth
In February, the NYAB hosts Respect Week, a chance for young people to stand together nationwide and promte healthy relationships. Learn more!
- Dedicated in raising awareness and preventing abuse
- Involved in their community
- Social media savvy -- willing to promote events and contribute to blogs
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Accountable in completing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Able to communicate online, offline and with peers
- Committed to the issue on a personal or social level