Another Teen DV Month has come and gone…but that doesn’t mean we should stop talking about dating violence!
This is an issue that affects people every day of the year. One in three teens will experience some form of dating abuse, and we think that’s one too many. So, what can you do now? We’re glad you asked!
- Download, print and distribute materials from loveisrespect. Use them in your school and community to help raise awareness and educate people about dating abuse!
- Promote loveisrespect as a resource to your networks. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to share posts!
- Volunteer for a local domestic violence shelter or youth education program. Be on the the ground helping folks and preventing abuse before it starts!
- Create care packages for domestic and dating violence survivors and distribute them at a local shelter or program. Contact the shelter to find out what their needs are!
- Start or join a group at your school that focuses on dating violence prevention.
We can all be part of the movement to end dating violence. And remember, if you ever have questions or concerns about a relationship, our advocates are here for you 24/7. Just call 1-866-331-9474, chat here on our website or text “loveis” to 22522!
If you missed some of our Teen DV Month content or activities, check ’em out below: