Shout out to everyone who made this year’s Teen DV Month so amazing! Thank you for promoting healthy relationships and raising awareness about teen dating violence. We wanted to share a few highlights from the month:
- Our theme for Teen DV Month was “Love is Setting Boundaries,” and we discussed how to figure out your own boundaries and what happens when those boundaries aren’t respected in a relationship.
- We hosted two awesome Twitter chats about boundaries with our friends at That’s Not Cool. Check out the first chat and the second chat on Storify for some great insights!
- On Feb. 9 we wore #orange4love, and so did many of you. We loved seeing your pictures on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
- During #RespectWeek2016, people all over the country shared their thoughts about what makes a relationship healthy.
- For Valentine’s Day we asked, “What does healthy love mean to you?“
- Thanks to 450+ supporters, our National Respect Announcement Thunderclap had the potential to reach more than 1 million people with a message about healthy relationships!
- We hosted a webinar with Break the Cycle about current trends, social norms and what teens are experiencing today. Check it out and download the toolkit here.
Remember, just because February is over doesn’t mean you should stop talking about dating violence. It’s an important issue all year long, so keep raising awareness and let your community know that everyone deserves a healthy relationship!
What were your highlights from Teen DV Month? Share with us in the comments!