Your voice has power. Answer the call.
Our peer-to-peer advocates receive calls, texts and chats from around the country, supporting teens and young adults in building healthier relationships. The callers range from those leaving abusive relationships to others who are simply curious about what healthy dating is. With our training, you can be the voice on the other end, guiding people your age through difficult times.
Got What It Takes?
- A teen or young adult (16-25 years old) in the Austin, Texas area?
- Genuinely interested in helping others?
- Open to differing viewpoints?
- Empathetic and easy to talk to?
- Enthusiastic about making a difference?
- Willing to commit to 40 hours of training?
If so, you might make a great advocate. Remember, volunteering can help you:
- Establish a work history for your resume.
- Contribute to a national nonprofit.
- Learn interpersonal skills.
- Impress colleges and graduate schools.
- Feel the power of directly helping someone.
Have Fun While You Help
Your fellow advocates will be there to support you as you answer calls, texts and chats. Helpline supervisors will provide you one-on-one attention and help you grow in your new role.