Happy new year, friends! We hope 2016 is treating you right so far. The beginning of a new year is always a great time to assess where we are in our lives and where we want to be, and that includes thinking about our relationships. Are you setting any relationship goals for the year? Share them in the comments! We’ve got a few of our own goals (but they’re pretty much the same every year, and that’s okay):
Of course, our #1 goal is to provide a safe space for anyone to learn more about healthy or abusive relationships and talk confidentially with a peer advocate. Remember, we’re here 24/7/365, so call, chat or text any time!
Each year we also like to look back at the blog posts that resonated with the most people, so in case you missed any of them, here are the top five posts of 2015:
- What to do when your family doesn’t approve of your partner
- Online relationships should be healthy, too!
- Is love enough of a reason to stay in a relationship?
- Does mental illness cause abuse?
- Respecting your partner’s boundaries (even if you don’t like them)
And here are a few more of our personal faves:
- Why equality is super important in a relationship
- Remember when Madonna kissed Drake on stage?
- When your partner makes apologies and excuses for unhealthy behavior…
Here’s to an awesome (and healthy!) 2016!