We are so excited to share some wonderful news — we have selected six new members to join our National Youth Advisory Board!
The selection process for the National Youth Advisory Board (NYAB) is very competitive, and we thank everyone who applied. We truly appreciate your passion and interest in joining our efforts to prevent dating abuse.
That said, we are very pleased to welcome our newest board members and look forward to working with them to engage many more youth in creating healthy relationships. Learn more about our newest members below and stay connected to see what we have planned for this year:
- Jimmy is representing Texas. He is a junior in high school and involved in many community programs. He is excited to use his voice to make a difference.
- Sarah is representing California. She is a junior in high school and has hosted campus awareness events. She would like to share her passion not just locally but nationally.
- Natasha is representing Oklahoma. She is a freshman in high school and works closely with victim advocate organizations. She believes young people are the future leaders of the nation and can make a difference by reaching out to their communities.
- Kathleen is representing Washington, DC. She is a freshman in college and wants to gain knowledge to be a strong advocate for youth. She believes young people have the ability to not only influence their peers, but also government officials and policies.
- Lauren is representing Indiana. She is a junior in high school and has worked closely with her local domestic violence coalition to engage youth in raising awareness and hosting events. She believes young people can be good examples for their friends by speaking out for what they believe is right.
- Mary is representing North Carolina. She is a sophomore in college and works closely with local organizations to speak out against abuse. She is excited to work with young leaders in prevention and education.
In addition to the above selected members, we have chosen three alternates representing the states of Washington, New York and New Mexico.
Check back here for more NYAB updates all year long and find out how these dedicated young people are making a difference in helping everyone build healthy relationships!