Spring break usually leaves us with more time than we know what to do with. We spend a lot of hours doing hardly anything when we could be using those hours to build up our relationships. Spring break is a perfect time to schedule a few dates with your partner. If you both have free time, a date or two may be what you need to take full advantage of your spring break.
Here are a few ideas for some fun and unique dates. Although the classic dinner and a show is still an option, we encourage you to try and branch out to keep the relationship interesting. Keep in mind that these are just a few ideas, and you can let your imagination run wild when thinking about dates.
- Get theatrical. Write a short play or puppet show with your partner and put it on for a small audience of friends or family. This doesn’t have to be Broadway worthy, just be silly.
- Hit the town. Find the nearest big city and explore it together. Make a photo scavenger hunt out of it. Use the day to find tiny interesting stores or cozy cafes or rambunctious dance halls that could become a place of nostalgia later on.
- Thrift store shopping. Go to a thrift store and set a low price maximum to spend on a present for each other. Find something weird or cute or charming and get it for them. Explain why you got that certain item. Take time exploring thrift stores and resale shops.
- Paint. Don’t limit this to paper and brushes. Paint walls or clothes or furniture. Get a little messy with this one. Let loose and have fun with your partner.
- Open mic nights. Coffee houses, bars, bookstores and other local businesses sometimes have open mic nights for poetry or music. Go sit in and enjoy the local flavor of performers. If you’re brave enough, write something for your partner and perform it.
- Make your own food. Find the recipe to a meal that looks delicious. Get all the necessary ingredients and make it. No matter how difficult the recipe is. Take time when finding the recipe to make sure you find the right one. Go to a bookstore and peruse all the cookbooks.
Again, these are just ideas. If you have an idea you think would be fun or romantic, tell your partner about it. Remember that while you have a right to ask for a date from your partner, you cannot force them to do anything they’re uncomfortable with.
Get up and get out with that boyfriend or girlfriend. If you’ve got any concerns, give us a call or a text, or chat with us.