Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month (Teen DV Month) is here! Throughout the month, we’ll be posting resources, information and ways to get involved on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Be sure to follow us!
It’s not always easy to talk to friends and family about dating abuse and healthy relationships, but it’s so important. Why? Because through open communication, we build support systems and stronger relationships with the people around us. That’s why for the first week of Teen DV Month, our theme is“Starting the Conversation.” So let’s do it!
Each Monday of Teen DV Month we’ll ask a question related to that week’s theme. Send us your responses on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram using the #LIRasks hashtag, and we’ll post the top responses on the blog at the end of the week.
This week’s question: What are the most important aspects of a healthy relationship? We can’t wait to hear from you! Don’t forget to include #LIRasks!
To learn more about dating abuse and healthy relationships, check out these pages on our site:
- Can you recognize the warning signs of an abusive relationship? (Bonus: check out this great video from Community Healthcare Network’s Teens P.A.C.T. program in New York City)
- Do you know the different types of abuse?
- How do you tell someone about an abusive relationship?
- Take a spin around the Power and Control Wheel
- Consent is super important in a healthy relationship. So what is it?
- What does a healthy relationship look like?
- Take our Healthy Relationships Quiz!
Need to talk to an advocate? Call, chat or text with us 24/7!