Most of us spend a lot of time online. Pretty much everything we do can now be done on the Internet, including accessing information, keeping in touch with others, and getting help when we need it. Unfortunately, such frequent use (and the ways in which information is collected every time we go online) means partners who are abusive have more ways than ever to access your information and monitor your movements and behaviors.
- Your computer and cell phone use can be monitored without you knowing it.
- Your history can never be completely erased from a computer or device, even if you browse in “private” or “incognito” mode.
- Email can be intercepted like physical mail.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) trackers can be placed in your car or on items like your purse or cell phone.
- love is respect advocates are available 24/7 to help you identify ways to take extra precautions when using technology.
Always remember to keep your safety in mind when contacting love is respect and accessing our services.
Be sure to clear any websites you wouldn’t want your partner to see from your browser history, especially after visiting this website.
Stay connected safely.
Improve your online safety.