Everyone deserves to be in a safe and healthy relationship. You can help make that happen by raising awareness about the issue, saying something about abuse when you see it and organizing your friends to make a difference. Here are some easy ways to get started:
Get the Word Out
There are so many ways to raise awareness about dating abuse and healthy relationships. You can:
- Make a poster and get permission to put it up in a public place.
- Create a PSA (check out our YouTube channel to get started).
- Write a story or blog.
Just use your creativity to make a difference!
On social media? Bring attention to teen dating abuse by encouraging your friends and family to visit loveisrespect.org. Your words can make a difference! Here are some sample posts to get you started:
- One in three teens experience some form of relationship abuse and two thirds of them never tell anyone. Help change this — Visit loveisrespect.org today.
- Everyone has the right to a safe and healthy relationship. Find out more at loveisrespect.org.
- Love is not abuse. Break the cycle. Visit loveisrespect.org today.
You can also post the videos and blogs throughout this site on your social media channels. Together, we’ll let everyone know that love IS respect.
Every day local, state and federal officials make decisions that impact your life. Even if you can’t vote yet, you can be heard! Speak out and let the people who represent you know your opinion. Tell them that dating abuse is an important issue that should be addressed. Download our template letter to send to elected officials in your area. Most federal legislators have email systems built into their web pages — you can find your representative by visiting www.house.gov or www.senate.gov.
Speak out in your community. Call your local school board or city council and request to speak about dating abuse at their next meeting. Use our template and information on loveisrespect.org to talk about dating abuse and explain how they can help you prevent it. Change starts with one voice — so your community is counting on YOU!